January was a busy month for us and we’ve made some great improvements not only to the apps themselves, but also to our underlying systems.
First up, we’ve introduced a new Jobs tab within the iOS app, which lets you manage and organise any jobs added to the software right from your mobile device – this lets you do even more while you’re away from the office, without needing access to a desktop.
We’ve streamlined the workflow involved in creating new records; where we used to show you a pop-up asking if you want to attach the record to a new or existing job, we now take you straight to a list of your existing jobs instead to save you time. Don’t worry though, the option to create a new job is still right at the top of the list if you need it.
We also spent some time this month doing maintenance on our disaster recovery and backup systems, so we are able to respond more quickly in the rare event that we experience an outage.
Finally, we’ve created a new Facebook group for Gas Engineer Software users! This group will be used to share updates and collect your valuable feedback, as well as swapping helpful tips and tricks for using the software. If you’d like to be among the first people to join, visit the link down below or search “Official Gas Engineer Software Users Group” on Facebook.
Below we’ve included a full list of the 2 releases and 19 changes we’ve made to the software this month.
All of these updates and improvements are from your feedback and suggestions.
Thank you for your ongoing support, we always appreciate it.
And all the team at
Gas Engineer Software.
iOS App Updates
(1 releases – current version 5.7.0)
• Introduced a new Jobs tab to the app, which will allow you to organise any jobs added to the software straight from your mobile device
• Added a number of back-end changes to the app
• Validation has been improved for email addresses entered into the software
• Resolved an issue on some newer iPad devices which resulted in the app not filling the entire screen
• Fixed instances where some additional modifications made to records prior to syncing were not respected
• Fixed a rare case where the keyboard remained locked on-screen when viewing a calendar event
• If a fault occurs during the sync process, the app will more clearly convey this to the user
Android App Updates
(1 release – current version 6.0.10)
We’re still making good progress updating the Android app, and this month is no different! We’re grateful to those of you who send us your feedback, it really helps us polish this ready for wider release in the coming months. The changes below are for the most recent version of the app.
• Changed the keyboard type provided for a few fields based on user feedback
• If no existing jobs are available, app will now skip to the customer selection
• Deleting an event will now retain your position in the calendar
• Added counter to the Defects Identified field on the CD/11
• Improved validation for email addresses
• Introduced content descriptors for all fields
• Updated some transitions within the app to ensure consistency
• Updated validation for the postcode field to allow for Irish postcodes
• Resolved an issue in which the app would not pull down all recent events
• Updated some of the wording for Non-Domestic Gas Testing and Purging
• ‘NA’ will automatically be removed from fields when tapping into them
• A number of other back-end changes and improvements