It has been a very busy month with updates for the website, web servers and infrastructure, Android devices and Apple’s iPhone and iPad.
We have been making improvements to the core infrastructure that runs all of Gas Engineer Software’s systems, which has been done to ensure that everything will be ready for you before the busy period starts. We are also streamlining our development systems so that we can provide updates quicker while still providing the same level of reliability.
All in all, this will allow you to focus on your business and not chasing your paperwork.
Website and Infrastructure
1) Xero bug fixed and the connection will now be rock solid. (we rebuilt all of the code to ensure this)
2) We’ve introduced larger, faster front end web servers and database servers.
3) Complete system security check.
4) Rebuild of web servers on improved IOS for performance reasons.
5) Improved routing and load balancing between servers, so the web servers are not waiting for data to arrive.
iPad and iPhone
1) Fixed issue with CD/11 tick boxes not always shown correctly on the finished certificate.
2) The job reference number is now automatically added on job sheets.
3) Fixed a calendar issue when the iPad was using 24 hour clock.
4) Plus we’ve made a number of smaller improvements and changes to the app.
1) We’ve introduced an option to delete drafts from the app.
2) Improved syncing for photos.
3) Refinements to the Unvented Hot Water Cylinder certificate.
4) Fixed ‘Home’ button not shown correctly on some smaller devices.
5) Deleted Certificates are now removed from all devices.
6) Updated images, UI, Icons and drop down boxes.
7) Signature is no longer cleared when you rotate your device.
8) Plus other improvements and fixes.
I hope you find these updates helpful.
From all the Team at Gas Engineer Software