How Hard Is The Switch From Paper to Software Certificates? [w/ Customer Stories]
As a gas engineer, life is always on the move. From home to the office and one customer to the next, it can seem like you never spend more than a couple of hours in one place.
But sitting at a desk all day doesn’t suit everyone and, for many, this is a huge perk of the job. Although, most will admit it can make it a little harder to stay organised when you’ve got pieces of paper flying around your van, office, and home.
Misplacing a schedule or job sheet is one thing – but a certificate is another. Losing one can be a huge headache.
Fortunately, we live in a day and age where there’s a digital solution for just about anything. Going paperless with your gas safe certificates means saving precious time: Time that you could be investing into more important aspects of your business or with friends and family.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the benefits of completing certificates electronically, as well as how easy making the transition is.
The benefits of digital certificates
Let’s break down the benefits into 3 key areas:
Digitally, it’s far easier and takes only a fraction of the time. Many fields are pre-filled with information the software already knows (think your company details, customer addresses, and more). Meanwhile, distributing is done at the click of a button, and you can send as many copies as necessary.
“Let’s be honest, in this day and age, who doesn’t have that phone charging in the van? You’ve always got access to the app. The information is there. I would never go back to it. I don’t think I’d work for a company that use paper. It’s making your life harder than it needs to be for absolutely no reason.”
“Any invoices or any paperwork that comes out – it’s got all of our header and signage and details. So from a the perspective of our customers, we look much more organised and we don’t have to go out and spend lots of money on headed paper to create that effect.”
How hard is it to make the transition?
- 72% were running their business on paper before using our software
- 68% had fully adapted to using our software within 1 week, and 92% within a month.
The transition from paper to software does not require any specialist knowledge and can be done by anyone. The reason for this is that any good software company makes it their mission for their software to be intuitive and simple to use.
Certificates are almost identical
Old paper records are left alone
Software can do the organisation for you
If you’ve been thinking about implementing software into your workflow to save time, here’s what you can do next:
- Visit our resources centre where you'll find more articles like this one and our detailed help centre.
- Start a free trial to see exactly how our software works for your business. Software is hard to visualise – let alone abstract benefits like “saving time” and “boosting profits”. This is the best way to see for yourself how it works and what benefits it brings.
- Book a demo with our customer success team to get a bespoke training and advice session. We’ll help walk you through the ins and outs of our software, how it’ll help you save time and money, and anything else that springs to mind.
- Know an engineer who's still using paper? Help them and us out by sending our software their way!